Beef Boning Unit
SCOTT® have designed and manufactured a world class beef boning unit with a manual-assist mechanical arm. Independent cost/benefit studies have computed an increased net profit of up to $4.65 per processed beef carcass, which culminates in an estimated investment payback period (based on the average plant throughput) of less than 12 months.
The manual-assist mechanical arm is directed at making "aitchbone" and "knuckle" removal less physically demanding. The arm provides the additional pulling force an operator requires for rail-boning.
Independent evaluation has identified the following proven benefits:
- Yield gain per carcass
- Occupational health and safety improvements
- Staff retention and recruitment
- Reduced work load that facilitates sustainable performance
- Operational simplicity
- Adaptable to most boning rails
- Increased boning efficiency
- Minimal footprint
Highly innovatory products currently being developed are:
- Heavy Bone Slicing: Developing new products to assist with heavy labour intensive beef boning tasks that provide meat processors with a competitive advantage through improved yields, safety and flexible options is ongoing. Additional development work on heavy bone slicing is in progress.