Working at Scott
Why Join Us? Take a Look...
Welcome to SCOTT® recruitment. As a world leader in processing automation, we offer challenging work and long-term career opportunities. We currently have a 220+ strong team throughout New Zealand and the rest of the world and have plans to grow further.
We value skills, qualifications and diversity within our company. We believe in building and maintaining a strong relationship with our employees and customers that will foster a harmonious and balanced working environment. The company offers the latest in technology and software, modern workshops and skilled and experienced mentors for employees.
We invest considerably in research and development and design world class technologies and applications. Our people make us who we are, therefore we reward and recognise those who put in the discretionary effort that results in excellent solutions and outcomes for our customers.
We offer competitive packages to all of our people. We also provide access to targeted training and development programmes.
The following benefits are provided by SCOTT® (availability can depend on role & site):
- Life insurance
- Death & disability insurance
- Share loan scheme
- Discretionary incentive schemes
We offer great opportunities for professional progression thanks to our diverse and multi-site operation. We have New Zealand sites in:
- Auckland (ROCKLABS®)
- Wellington (HTS-110)
- Christchurch (SCOTT®)
- Dunedin (SCOTT®)
We are always seeking interest from talented people who work in the trades, engineering, project management and sales engineer disciplines.
Workshop employees are trade qualified as fitter welders / fitter turners, or they have completed an apprenticeship in machining or toolmaking. All employees damust be able to competently understand and interpret engineering drawings. We require people in a variety of roles:
Manual and CNC machinists work in our modern and clean machine shops, covering a range of tasks including surface grinding, manual and CNC turning, and manual and CNC milling. Our milling machines range from smaller Cincinnati and Bridgeport machining centres to larger 3, 8 and 10m long bed mills. All use Heidenhain controllers with CAM capability.
Our well-equipped fitting shops ensure quality and efficiency remains our fitting focus. A combination of purchased and manufactured components are checked against specification, prepared for assembly, then assembled. Fitting can be on an individual station or as part of an entire line. Quality and attention to detail are the fitting strengths required. Fitters will also be exposed to hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical reticulation.
Qualified electrical staff apply power and controls systems to a range of equipment that includes manufacture of standardised products, turnkey customised equipment and prototype development equipment. The electrical staff work collaboratively with the electrical design and controls software team. This offers a unique range of interesting and challenging work in the industrial electrical sector.
We offer roles in a variety of engineering disciplines across our sites. We employ primarily mechanical, controls and mechatronic engineers. Each of these may specialise in either:
- Machine concept and detail design
- Electrical controls and programming
We are seeking people for engineering roles who:
- Have significant experience in their chosen discipline.
- Are innovative.
- Are results driven.
- Have proven success.
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification (Bachelor or Diploma).
Our project managers underpin the heart of our business - projects. These roles are responsible for the overall control of specific projects and project teams, as designated and assigned, to ensure a project's successful, timely and cost-effective conclusion.
We are seeking people who:
- Have extensive experience and demonstrated results in project management, preferably specific experience in manufacturing and engineering related industries.
- Have high commercial acumen.
- Have the crucial ability to develop highly successful customer relationships.
The sales teams work closely to develop account-gaining strategies and to give the required product sales support to customers to close contracts successfully. Researching and understanding customer needs, together with determining the overall business and technical solutions, are also part of these roles.
We are seeking people who:
- Have a proven ability in providing strong technical design solutions based on customer requirements.
- Are skilled in the use of AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks for producing proposal drawings and layouts and for use in presentations.
- Can analyse customer specifications, product drawings and sales concepts to help define the best solution to meet the customer's needs.
- Have engineering design flair and ingenuity.
- Have a Bachelor of Engineering, NZCE or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.